Dr. Mae Sakharov Ed.D Columbia University (1981) has successfully helped families negotiate the college admissions, Gap year, Graduate school, and Career planning processes since 1983 when she opened the first learning center in New York City. She has also been called on as a consultant to school districts, private schools, and churches.
Her encouragement and support guides clients to reflect on their own unique experiences to support the application and career change process. Dr. Sakharov is generous with her time and has extensive personal and institutional contacts.
Sensitive proofreading without taking away from the student's work is another hallmark of her work. In a relaxed setting in person, electronically or over the phone “Dr. Mae”, helps each person to feel comfortable and supported to flex and honor his or her inner resources and strengths.
“A long time ago and for several years you taught me at MLS on Court Street. Often when I am back at home I find some memorable books, many of which came from you. I finally looked you up on the internet and found your great web site and thought I'd write you to say hello and thanks for all the guidance you gave me back then. I would guess that your current students are probably a bit like I was in that they do not realize they should thank you for your help while they are working with you,"
These are some of the services offered by Dr. Mae Sakharov & Associates:
- College and Graduate School Planning and advisement
- Consulting and speaking about college advisement, essay writing, applications
- Speaking to school districts
- Finding internships for students graduating and in college
- Organizing Gap year
- Expert test preparation
- Finding schools outside of the United States
- Organizing resumes, editing term papers, research, and dissertations
- Services and translations offered in Spanish, French and Chinese
- Elementary and secondary school advisement and placement.